At the end of a week in which stock markets continued their record roar and Senate Democrats growled the necessity of tying a government funding deal to support for DACA, Congress voted late last night against stopgap funding to keep government open.
Lost in the furor over whether President Trump used off-color language in a private discussion of legal immigration is the issue he was addressing: Why isn’t the United States admitting higher skilled, better-educated immigrants? Maybe it’s because voters themselves are conflicted.
- Workers See Wage Increases in Near Future
- One-in-Four Have Bought Groceries Online
- Consumer Spending Update: Economic Confidence Continues Upward Climb As Spending Slows
- Americans Don't Give Infrastructure High Marks, But Don't Want to Pay to Fix It
- Sex and Race Matter in Middle Class Identity
- View all BUSINESS/ECONOMY
- Daily Consumer Index
From our most trusted political columnists: